Rick Ham Joins Schumacher
Race Team for a Day
I was very fortunate on September 19th in being able to spend the entire morning with drag racing champion, Tony Schumacher. He was extremely friendly and down to earth. Easy to talk to and had I not known who he was, it would not have been apparent that he was anything but ‘normal’.
I was impressed with his genuine desire to communicate with the kids in the audience and trying to help them see how really important their education is. Also how important their choices were as it relates to their future.
The US Army could not have a better role model and spokesman than Tony!
U.S. Army Top Fuel Dragster
• Residence: Chicago area
• Hometown: Chicago
• Date of Birth: Dec. 25, 1969
• On the Internet: twitter.com/ARMYRACING, facebook.com/TonySchumacherTF, GoArmy.com, ShoeRacing.com
• Wife: Cara
• Children: Anthony, Michael, Jacqueline
• Height/weight: 5-foot-8, 158 pounds
• Hobbies: Hockey, fly-fishing, golf, racquetball, flying radio-controlled helicopters, kick boxing and riding his Harley-Davidson motorcycle
• Category: Top Fuel Dragster
• Sponsor: U.S. Army
• Team owner: Don Schumacher Racing
• Crew chief: Mike Green
• NHRA series championships: 7
• NHRA event titles: 69
• NHRA final rounds: 119
• NHRA No. 1 qualifying positions: 71
• Career-best elapsed time: 3.736 seconds
• Career-best speed: 330.30 mph
• Won six consecutive and seven overall NHRA Top Fuel series championships
• One of three drag racers to earn prestigious Driver of the Year Award (2008) when he won 15 of 18 championship-round appearances during the 24-race season.
• Has won a record nine U.S. Nationals Top Fuel titles
• Son of drag racing pioneer Don Schumacher, who owns DSR and will be inducted in 2013 to the International Motorsports Hall of Fame
• Most Top Fuel championships: 7
• Most consecutive Top Fuel championships 6 (2004-09)
• Most Top Fuel event titles: 69
• Most event titles in a season: 15 (2008), tied an NHRA professional record
• Most consecutive championship rounds: 11 (2008)
• Most championship rounds: 18 (2008)
• Most elimination round wins: 76 (90 percent, 2008)
Director of Recruiting and Truck Leasing
National Carriers, Inc.
Ham Joins Schumacher Race Team for a Day