• Deregulation in the early 80’s opened the door to more customers and more competition.
• Weight and length changes allowed for longer trailers and heavier pay loads.
• Commercial Driver’s License, the days of multiple licenses and log books are behind us.
• New hours of service rules and regulations.
• Technology, satellite tracking and communication with the trucks.
• Electronic logs—the preverbal black box.
• Technology, satellite tracking, temperature monitoring with trailers and in-cab cameras.
• Wrinkles, fifteen to twenty additional pounds but not much gray hair— yet.
What made National Carriers great 40 plus years ago is what will continue to make National Carriers successful—the folks behind the wheel, without the drivers doing their thing those of us in the office wouldn’t be here. LOREN BRIDGE